Saturday, May 19, 2012

Cornbread Muffin




Fresh from the oven cornbread muffins!

I got this recipe from panlasangpinoy.com. I altered a little bit of the ingredients though and the way it was done. It's just so bad I had to redo the wet ingredients because I messed up with the butter getting all clumpy even with the use of an electric mixer. Shortly I will write about how I made my life simpler with the use of a melted butter (like almost liquid) and mixed with the eggs, milk and honey. Thanks to my husband cuz when he saw I was so down about messing up at first. he comforted me by simply asking me to do it again differently. I initially didn't want to waste my previous mixture and thought of just screwing it and who knows maybe the butter will just melt on its own. Eventually I figured out how to do it 'my' way.

If you watch the panlasang pinoy video, you'll see....mine was done differently but waaaay easier. I wouldnt have known that I will still come up with the same muffins anyway.

On my list I highlighted the ingredients that I didn't follow. I read that when it comes to baking, ALWAYS follow the recipe, but for me, baking or not...I never followed the whole thing, or maybe somehow I would but to make it a little unique ...I change it a lil bit. I just worry about the result later on. This is not the right way to do things,I know.

I watched 4 videos of cornbread muffins on youtube and I couldn't stick with one recipe. At the end, I decided to use mostly the one from the pinoy website because somebody said it tastes similar to Kenny Rogers Muffins. I would rather have the Famous Dave's recipe, but I couldn't find them.

Ingredients:

1/2 cup butter
1.5 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1 cup milk
1 tsp baking powder
2 pcs eggs
1 tsp salt
1/8 cup honey

Mix all the dry ingredients well with the use of a whisk. Set aside.
On a separate bowl, mix the melted (almost liquid butter) with a ROOM TEMPERATURE milk or warm milk, 2 eggs and honey.
Pour the dry ingredients onto the wet mixture and mix until you don't see any dry stuff. Don't OVERMIX....they said doing so will make the bread tough or gummy.

BAKE 400deg for 18-22 mins. I did mine for 20 and do the toothpick test!

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment